Thursday, August 8, 2013

4th grade vs. 6th grade

     Some say that "change is a good thing"....... well, lets hope so.  Two years ago I started out at Marshall as a 4th grade teacher.  It was a 'good thing'.  I love the people, the students and my job.  Now, I've been given the opportunity to go back to teaching 6th grade.  I'm not sure what is in store for me but I'm willing to embrace 'the change'. 
     Previously I taught Reading and Math in Winfield at the Intermediate School.  I loved it then and plan to love it again.  This year, I will be teaching Language Arts/Reading only.  One of the positives is that by being the only teacher in 6th grade teaching these subjects, I will get to see every student each day.  Yeah!  As a 4th grade teacher I only got to see a handful of the 4th graders for a variety of subjects. 
     I'm also blessed to have the same group of students this year that I had my first year at Marshall.  They were a good group then and I'm sure that, as they have matured, they will be even better this year! 
     There are even more positives, like being closer to the restroom and the office, that I'm slowly discovering.  LOL!  As the year begins, I'm sure that I will find that I do love 6th grade just as much as before.  After all, it's the students and their smiles that make my job a blessing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment